Creating a Real Estate File
- To start creating a file click Files on the navigation bar
- Click Create File
- Choose either Other Files or Real Estate.
- if selecting a Real Estate file, you’ll then need to add the property’s address information.
- Choose the features right for your file. A Real Estate File will have the options of Remote Ink Notary, Remote Online Closing, Hybrid Closing, or eSign only. Other File options will include Notary/Witness Required, Notary/Witness NOT Required, or eSign only (No KBA).
- After you have selected the desired features, you’ll see the price to complete the signing.
- Confirm that you agree to the price.
Adding A Seller
To add a seller, buyer, or witness to your file for closing, click on the plus sign next to the Sellers(s) button on the File Navigation Bar
Enter in all of the Seller’s information including their email address and name. You can also add their phone number by clicking Add Phone. Once you have filled out all of the information, click Next.
A pop-up will appear showing the seller has been added successfully. If you have another seller, click Add Another Seller. If you also have a buyer, click Add a Buyer. If you have no other signers, click Skip to Documents
Adding a Buyer
Adding a Buyer is the same process as adding a seller. Click on the plus sign next to the Buyer (s) button on the File Navigation Bar.
Once you have filled out all of the information, click Next.
A pop-up will appear showing the seller has been added successfully. If you have another buyer, click Add Another Buyer. If you would like to add a Guest, such as a witness, real estate agent, or a family member, for example, click Continue to Guest. If you have no other signers, click Skip to Documents
Adding a Guest is the same process as when adding a buyer or seller. Once you are done filling out their information, click Next. If you need to add more guests, click Add Another Guest. If you are finished, click Skip to Documents
If you forget to add a seller/buyer or guest, or there is someone that needs to be included last minute, you can always add another user by clicking the plus sign to the corresponding label.
Now that you have finished any Sellers, Buyers, or Guests, you can upload your documents
When will my signors get their welcome emails?
As soon as you create a signing, they will receive a welcome email to Propersign. Clicking on the link in the email, they will be able to set up their signature and complete their verifications. If you would prefer that your signors receive their welcome email as you add them to the file, please contact support and we will assist you!
1. To upload your documents, click on the Documents tab in the file navigation and click Upload File.
2. You can drag and drop your files or click Select File.
3. When you have added the file, choose who will be the responsible signers. This will be either the buyer, seller, or both who will have signatures on these documents. This is how the system sorts whose signature needs to be added to which document when you are tagging. When you are finished, click Upload.
To download completed signed documents, simply click the Download button next to the document in the documents tab within your file.
Closing a file
When you and your signers have completed the signing, you can complete the file by closing it. When you close a file, it can no longer be edited, and signings can no longer be created. To close a file, click the Close button at the bottom of the file navigation bar.