Another way we will verify your identity is through ID Verification. Similar to how you would bring identification documents to an in-person signing, you will be uploading photos of your ID to our platform, and our scanning software will confirm the documents as valid.
We accept two forms of ID: a Drivers’ License or Passport. We also will accept a Residence Permit or Identity Card as valid forms of ID.
To Complete ID Verification
1. Click on My Account on the navigation and then click Verifications.
2. This will take you to the KBA and Documentation Verification page. This will also be where you can confirm that your KBA and Document uploads are completed. To begin your ID verification, click Start.
3. You will be taken to a pop-up screen. On there, you will select the country or region that your ID was issued in as well as what form of ID you will be providing. When you have filled out said information, click Next.
4. If you have scanned images of the front and back of your ID already saved, then you would upload each file to the corresponding Upload File buttons. If you do not have scans of your ID or passport, you can also ask for us to send you a mobile link through text by hitting Yes under the Switch to Mobile header, where we will confirm your phone number and send you a link to your mobile device where through that you will take photos of your ID and then those photos will upload directly into Propersign.
5. Once you have uploaded your documents, you will see previews of your ID. Please check to make sure that the photo is clear and the text is readable. When you are satisfied that your ID photos are clear, click Next.
6. After clicking Next, if your ID has passed through verification, you will be navigated back to the Verify Your Identity Page, and under Verify Documents it will be marked as Complete
ID Verification Errors
If you instead receive a NOT A VALID DOCUMENT error, it could be due to the following factors:
- Your ID is expired
- Your ID picture is blurry or out of focus
- Your ID picture is cut off with no border around the ID (we recommend about a 1/2 inch border around)
- The surface of your ID picture is busy (we recommend using a blank white piece of paper to place behind your ID)
- The signer is using a Passport did not pick the Passport option when uploading their ID
If you are still having issues, please do not hesitate to contact support by submitting a support ticket using the Need Help? button.
Uploading Your Passport
Uploading your passport is the same process as uploading a Drivers License, however, instead, you pick Passport on the type of ID prompt.
Also keep in mind when uploading your passport that we require a full “open book” image of your passport front and back, as shown in the example below.
Also please make sure that all four corners of the document are present as well as the tips described in the ID Verification Errors section of this article.