Editing and Tagging a Document
Editing an Uploaded Document
After uploading a document, click on the blue hamburger icon and select “Edit” from the drop-down menu.
THERE ARE FIVE CATEGORIES OF ELEMENTS YOU CAN ADD TO A DOCUMENT, WHICH INCLUDE:
1. Signature – creates a field to allow all parties designated on the file to apply their signatures, initials, and signing date.
2. Notary – apply notary seal field, associate notarial certificate, add notary name, signature, initial, commission expiration date, and commission number fields to the document.
3. Text – these options allow you to make specific changes to one document. Text elements include:
- Whiteout – if there are any typos or incorrect information on the uploaded document, use this option to remove the text.
- Label – write and lock text that can’t be altered at the signing event.
- Line Text – creates a field for single-line text to be entered during the signing.
- Paragraph – creates a field for multiple-line text to be added during the signing.
- Checkbox – create a check box.
4. Fields – creates custom fields related to your file information like file number, customer name, customer, email, and customer phone number.
5. Input – adds a field to pull in information based on your singing event, like the signing date.
Adding a Tag
To apply a tag, click on the element category above. A slide menu will appear with all the tags related to that element. Click on the one you want and drag to the appropriate place on the document.
Removing a Tag
To remove a tag placed on the document, click on the tag and then click on the red x to delete.